Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Do You Think I'm Fat? Girls and Body Image

Please watch this video about young girls asking the question:

Do you think I'm Fat?

Please comment below.


  • What do you see as a solution for this?
  • What message are we sending and how can the message change?
  • How can we serve those already struggling with Eating Disorders?



Kara Sorensen, MS, LAc

The Food Craving Solution
video: http://tinyurl.com/d4gz9a
email: kara@thefoodcravingsolution.com
blog: http://blog.thefoodcravingsolution.com
Web: http://thefoodcravingsolution.com
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That video made me sad. I hope that I can raise my daughter to avoid the trap of an eating disorder. I teach a fitness class that focuses on FUN and fitness. Kids are involved and see their moms working out because it is fun and they are outside with their friends, not because they need to burn off 100 more calories. It warms my heart when I see my three year old "exercising" in a fun way to be just like Mommy. We don't even own a scale.

I hope it works.

The Food Craving Solution said...

Thanks for your comment Lisa! I think you are a great example to all.

That's what it's about, modeling 'healthy' behavior. And when I say healthy, I don't mean denying ourselves yummy foods, but having a healthy relationship to food, exercise and our bodies. Your class and your attitude will surely support a healthy body image to all, and that includes your daughter.

Thank you!

be lean said...

Good post